Monday, March 30, 2009

the kangaroo communique



"Thirty-six intricate procedural steps, followed one by one in just the right order, led me from the kangaroos to you--that's it. To attempt to explain each and every one of these steps would surely try your powers of comprehension, but more than that, i doubt i can even remember them all.
There were thrity-six of them after all!
If but one of these stages had gotten screwed up, I guess I wouldn't be sending you this letter. Who knows? i might have ended up somewhere in the Antarctic Ocean careening about on the back of a sperm whale. Or maybe I'd have torched the local cigarette stand.
Yet somehow, guided by this seemingly random convergence of thirty-six coincidences, i find myself communicating with you.
Strange, isn't it?"

--Haruki Murakami

...it started with a cup of tea and Ninja Turtles.

No comments: