Monday, October 09, 2006

it's a new day - meet me at the boat house

august 2006

tired and unable to move after my oceanic adventure i while away the morning lying in bed dreaming of soft hands and blue tinted lips, but like every other day in vancity this day brings excitement and thrills.

meet me at the boat house.

plunging into the frigid waters of the pacific i flail frantically trying to grap hold of the tether, but the frozen waters have short circuited my inner wiring-
no longer communicating with my brain i do not have the muscle control to pull myself onto the raft. Finally with my last ounce of energy and three sisterly hands i am half dragged onto my unsteady perch.

whipping behind the speed boat i fake compliance. there is no way i am going to willingly put my body into these galacial waters again.

"put your legs in the water!"
"i have short legs ya' know" i holler back holding on for dear life as the raft is jerked to and fro-
skidding behind the boat i feel like a man possessed, clinging to the frail edge of my crumbling sanity.

deliberately pulled into the wake of the boat i am airborne.
exhilarated i am in flight.
a short lived metamorphosis i soar not on eagles wings but like frisson l'écureuil before it crashes dans un buisson.

i swim to the dock forgetting that i cannot feel my legs, nor my arms for that matter. i am so cold my skin has turned bright red;
but it doesn't matter, for a brief moment i feel alive.

2 comments:

Charles said...

Sweet!!

toac said...

yeah. but it was freakin ridicously cold. i was not meant for the cold. not at all.